*This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For full information, please see the disclaimer here.
Gaming is typically something people do for hours at a time, which means that your hands can get awfully uncomfortable in the meantime. If you want to keep hands warm while gaming for long periods of time, you should start with learning why they get that way in the first place.
The most common reasons why hands can feel cold while you’re gaming include:
- A colder environment. If you’re one of those people who prefers a cooler temperature in the room where your gaming equipment is kept, this can directly affect how comfortable your hands are. You’d likely be better off making it a little warmer where you play your games.
- A sedentary lifestyle. Cold hands are often a sign of poor circulation, and this can happen if you don’t get up and move around on a regular basis.
- Playing games for too long. If you’re gaming, it’s a good idea to get up and move around or stretch on a regular basis. Simply doing the same thing over and over again for long periods of time can make both hands and feet a little colder.
So, if you suffer with cold hands while gaming and you want to know what to do about it, here are several suggestions for you:
1. Put on gaming gloves
Have you thought of putting on a pair of gaming gloves?
Because of the options that you get when searching for gaming gloves, it’s easy to find a pair that is just right for you regardless of how much gaming you do. They help keep your hands at the perfect temperature, and the gloves even come in a variety of colors and designs to suit all gamers’ preferences and tastes.
The good thing about these Americ Empire fingerless gloves is that they are meant to help prevent both tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, and they are made both with and without fingertips.
Some people find that the fingerless gloves give them a better sense of control while they’re playing, which is why they are often made this way. In addition, most gamers enjoy the fact that the gloves usually have a moisture-wicking layer that helps prevent excess sweating as they play.
2. Make regular movements
This is a good piece of advice for a variety of circulation issues, so it works great when you’re gaming. If you try to get up from the desk or chair once an hour and move your body, especially your hands, it will keep the blood flowing in your body and keep your hands warmer.
You don’t have to do anything cardio or too tough on your body; instead, simply get up and stretch or move the fingers and hands until they warm up a bit.
When you do this, more power and warmth go to your hands and feet, and the best part is that you don’t have to work up a sweat for it to make a big difference in how your hands and feet feel from that point forward. Just get up occasionally and make some random movements and you’re all set to go.
3. Redesign your gaming area
Redesigning your gaming area to make it more comfortable for long-term play is cheap and simple.
Make sure the room is well-ventilated so that it never gets too cold or too hot, and if you have a portable air conditioner or an AC vent that is directed towards the gaming area, move the vents so that they face away instead.
While you certainly don’t want hands that are hot and sweaty, cold hands are worse in many ways because they can become stiff after a while and be difficult to play with.
4. Use heated devices
If the room you’re gaming in is still keeping your hands entirely too cold even after making changes, you can try a variety of heated devices specifically made for gamers. This includes the following:
- A heated desk pad. These come in various sizes and often have various controls to let you choose how hot you want it to be.
- A heated mouse. These specially made devices keep your hands and fingers nice and toasty, and you can get one for only around $30 USD.
- A space heater. Small space heaters can work wonders in keeping your hands more flexible and warmer while playing your video games.
With these tips and tricks, your hands will surely be warm and toasty throughout those long gaming nights.